Lynette Cordova - Clinical Social Worker
Lynette Cordova is an independently licensed Clinical Social Worker in the state of New Mexico. She has an M.S.W. from New Mexico Highlands University and a B.S. in Criminal Justice from Chapman University. She holds a Level II Clinical Trauma Professional Certification from the International Association of Trauma Professionals. She completed a Juvenile Sexual Offender Counselor Certification Program, has many years of experience working with youth who have caused sexual harm, and extensive training in youth violence prevention. As a Clinical Social Worker, Lynette has held various behavioral health positions working with State Licensing and Certification, Juvenile Corrections, Juvenile Probation, Community Corrections, and as Director of Clinical Services in psychiatric residential care.
Lynette has been practicing with a diverse population of children and families since 1999. She has extensive experience addressing the emotional challenges related to trauma, child abuse and violence. She has an array of approaches to counseling that build and/or enhance resilience and utilizes emerging findings from neuroscience and attachment research to create a trauma informed practice that treats traumatic stress and its effects on children, adolescents and their families.
- Master of Social Work, New Mexico Highlands University
- Bachelor of Science, Criminal Justice, Chapman University
- 20 years in the behavioral health field, including roles in State Licensing and Certification, Juvenile Corrections, Juvenile Probation, Community Corrections
- Director of Clinical Services in psychiatric residential care
- Level II Clinical Trauma Professional Certification from the International Association of Trauma Professionals
- Juvenile Sexual Offender Counselor Certification